It’s not a secret that the amount of waste we produce is growing annually, but the stream of discarded furniture has reached a whopping 9 million tons a year — and this is just office furniture! So, to help out with this waste, let’s give our old furniture a chance at a new life. cool stuff, cool stuff, cool stuff
We at Listabs.com believe that anything that’s old can be redecorated. And we are ready to share some tips on how to bring some fresh looks into your house design.
1. Remove oil spills from fabric.
Spills are a normal thing in a household with kids and pets. The biggest sacrifice to them is the fabric on our furniture.
- Take a piece of chalk and rub it on the fabric — it will absorb the oil or grease.
- Let it soak. cool stuff, cool stuff, cool stuff
- Remove the chalk with a wash cloth.
- Let fabric air dry.
2. Clean damaged floors and wooden furniture.
- 1/4 cup oil
- 3/4 cup vinegar
- Clean cloth
You should wipe the damaged wood with this concoction to make it look as good as new. You can also cover the wood with paint to make it “sit” better.
3. Remove rust spots from metal.
You can use this trick on metal pieces of furniture or even just on your knives.
Simply soak the parts you need to clean up in lemon juice for 5-10 minutes, then scrub the rusty spot with a scouring pad.